Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Monday, April 19, 2010

Rain - Poem

Within those first few drops of rain there is an entire world
You can smell it as the rain begins to coat the asphalt
You can see it as the world clears for a moment before the rain gets too thick
You can feel it as the cool clean water washes it all away
I love the rain
It is cooling, calming, freeing
I long for the one who will stand with me in the rain
no fear of imperfection
of getting soaked to the bone
and then running through the mud

It's like when you hear the rain start to fall and you know it's gonna start pouring, but you don't walk any faster because being caught in the rain will be the best thing you've felt in a while.

© Chloe VanDuinen 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment