Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Friday, February 18, 2011

To Write Mudblood on Her Arms Day

Tuesday (February 15) was To Write Mudblood on Her Arms Day. It's a diversity thing that's Harry Potter themed. One of my friends told me about it. So I told her I'd participate if she'd write it on my arm (because it would look terrible if I did it myself). So she did and it turned out looking really cool.
So yeah, be nice to everyone. It doesn't matter what they look like, where they were born, who their friends are. They're no different then you are.
Feb 15 - To Write Mudblood on their Arms Day

"We take this day to remember that all of us are equal, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, or magical ability.
We write "mudblood" on our arms this day not only to remember the pain inflicted on Hermione Granger by Bellatrix Lestrange for being born to Muggles, but to acknowledge the hardships people have faced for being perceived as different.
We invite Muggles and Wizards alike to join us in writing "mudblood" on our arms as a symbol to show that while we are all different, we are all equal.

Invite all of your friends so you can all wave your wands and arms proudly this February 15th, 2011. Show the world that intolerance will not be tolerated." - From the Facebook Event

No comments:

Post a Comment