Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Pintester Movement

I follow Sonja Foust over at Pintester.com she tests Pinterest pins and then posts about them. Some of them work and some of them don't. She started this thing called "The Pintester Movement." She's trying to get other people to actually do Pinterest pins instead of just looking at them.

Last week I was helping my friend Sam make curtains for her new apartment. Then her boyfriend had to go to work so we put that project on hold. We needed him to draw out some of the patterns we're going to put on the curtain.

We were looking through Pinterest trying to figure out something to do and maybe think of something to make for the Pinterest Movement. She's been wanting to make nerdy stuff with Perler beads for a while now so we went to Walmart and picked some up.

While we were at Walmart I remembered another project I saw on Pinterest that I've been wanting to do. I've been wanting to make a dress form from duct tape. So we threw some duct tape in the cart.

As we went through the food section to get some parchment paper to use with our Perler beads. We decided we should come up with something to eat. Sam pulled out her phone and we looked through her food pin board. We decided on baked potatoes and a fruit salad.

The dress form tutorial came from Natasha over at  Little Pink Monster.
DIY Dress Form from Little Pink Monster
Duct Tape Dress form on Sam. 
The instructions were pretty easy to follow and it turned out pretty well. We don't have newspapers so we didn't have anything to stuff it with so it's probably going to sit around until we can find enough stuff to fill it with.


Dress Form. Yay. 
Just sort of flat until we can find stuff to fill it.
Then we were tired of the dress form so we decided to wait on making mine and decided to make the fruit salad. It came from Food.com. We decided against pineapple, bananas, and blueberries and added in apples and mango. I also drained the can of peaches we used so our "sauce" was a little thicker. It was super delicious though and I will definitely make it again.
My Fruit Salad
Fruit Salad from Food.com
The perler beads weren't from anything in particular. We've seen people selling them at anime conventions and those were amazing. They're also practically everywhere on the internet. We made a snap decision to order a bunch of beads on amazon as well as some larger peg holders so we can make things that are larger than a 15x15 square. I've spent the last week sorting beads and making things. 

Making nerdy things with Perler beads.
Perler bead Pokeball. 
Pegboards and new beads!!
Floppy disc keychain my friend Em made.

Mushroom.

Masterball and Pokeball.


Tardis from Doctor Who.
Gir.

We also made baked potatoes to share with our boyfriends and my other roommate. He ended up eating pizza though. The recipe for these came from Sea Salt With Food. I forgot to photograph them in a pretty way so you just get an image of them upside down in tinfoil boats. I was really scared they were going to make a huge mess with the butter and oil so I put them in tinfoil. They were AMAZING. Definitely using this method instead of the normal baked potato method. 

It was a very successful day.
Potatoes
Hasselback potatoes from seasaltwithfood.com
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment