Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What is Your Favorite Piece of Art that You Own?

My favorite piece of art is this giant canvas that I painted in a theater class in college. We were learning about painting scenery. We had to get a painting of a landscape and use a grid system to paint it. I used a picture that I had taken of a sunset over the river near my mother's house. I did this painting mostly in about two hours because I missed class and didn't get to work on it then. I should have done the light sky first and let it dry before painting the blue over it. Oh well. You live and you learn. I probably got like a B- on it or something. The more I look at it the more I like it. Since it is made for the stage it is incredibly durable and I plan to keep it for a long, long time.

What is the favorite piece of Art You own? Sunset over the River Painting
Painting of a Sunset Over the River at My Mom's House

No comments:

Post a Comment