Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Flower from a Friend - Poem

A Flower from a Friend
I received a flower from a dear friend of mine
I carried it with me all day
It became limp, dying from the day
I held it proudly, showing it to all I knew
"Where did you get it?"
"A friend" and then I smiled
"Why are you so happy?"
Someone cared enough to give me a gift
Something that I love
It was free, she picked it in the courtyard
It was free, and yet it is priceless
"But why?.."
It is something beautiful
Instead of seeing it in passing
I could carry it with me all day
To show my friends
To show the world
Most barely realize the courtyard exists
Let alone realize the beauty that fills it
So if you see a flower, even if it is only a simple dandelion
Pick it, give it as a gift
Share the beauty
Share the love
Give a flower to a friend

© Chloe VanDuinen 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment