Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Running - Poem

The other day I stayed up until sunrise
And it began to rain
The sky was full of colors and I wanted to see it better
So I jogged down to the lake to watch it
And as I was running I realized I didn't want to run away anymore
I finally had things I wanted to run toward
But as I reached the lake the sunrise was over
And the colors were all gone
So I walked down to the end of the dock
And stood there as the rain fell softly onto my face
I sat down and took my shoes off so I could put my feet in the water
The lake looked so beautiful
I watched the rain drops falling on the surface
And the ripples as I swished my feet
I wished you were there so badly
I wanted to be able to hold your hand and share that beautiful moment with you
It was so amazing
Proof that in the chaos of this world beautiful things still exist
Love still exists
And it can be a really scary thing
But I'm not afraid anymore
I've been down that road and I feel stronger because of it
Love is giving someone the ability to destroy your heart and trusting them not to
I trust you Josh
I trust you with everything I have
And I promise with every ounce of my being
That I will be true to you
Because that's what love is about
That's what it means for me every time I say "I love you"
I've never felt like this before
And no one has ever stopped my breath by putting their arms around me
I didn't even realize that was possible
And the more time I spend with you
The more I want it to last forever
I need you to understand that
I need you to understand how important you are
I need you to understand that I don't want anyone else
And I don't think I ever will
And yeah, it scares the shit out of me that I feel this way
Because it's only been three months
But then I see you and I know it's all going to be okay
Because life is too short to be scared
And it's too short to worry
So I'm going to dive in and give it my all
I'm going to work to be there for you as much as you are for me
Because I've finally found someone worth running to
And that's a really big deal
So take my hand and I'll hold it tight
Let's sit in the rain and watch the sunrise
Because the world is a beautiful place
So let it fill your heart
And flush out the fear
Because I'm right beside you
I love you Josh

© Chloe VanDuinen 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment