Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Friday, October 22, 2010

Silence - Poem

Silence
I like that moment
when a song ends
the drumbeat fades
and you're left
standing still
waiting for the notes
of the next song
everyone's waiting
patient
still
silent
and suddenly you realize
how fast your heart is beating
how loud it is in your ears
and you wonder if everyone
feels like that
I hold my breath
waiting
I exhale slowly
feeling my mind clear
feeling the silence seep into my life
but it's a comfortable kind of silence
a safe kind
because you're trapped there
with everyone else
listening to the beat of your own heart
and the person next to you hears
their own heart
at the same rhythm
so it's as though everyone is
hearing the same thing
so you're never really alone
as long as your heart is beating

© Chloe VanDuinen 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment