Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Friday, November 5, 2010

National Novel Writing Month

So I suppose I probably should have posted this on Monday but whatever. November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). It's where you try to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. It's pretty fun. I've won it in 2007 with the book "Being an Angel-No Regrets." I lost in 2008 with the sequel "Being an Angel-Second Chance" (I only made it to 13,000 words but I was also a college freshman.) Last year (2009) I won again with the book "Hidden Magic" which didn't make any sense at all.

Right now my novel is called "It Began with Rain." That probably won't stay the title but it was all I could think of for right now. I'm already fighting with my two main characters which is a very good sign and shows that this book is likely to turn out decently.

I'm also really hoping to make it to 75,000 words instead of just 50,000 but I don't know if that's going to work. I can dream though. As long as I win I figure I've done a good job and I'm trying hard to get everyone to keep up as well, they're doing pretty good so far. I'm proud of them. I'm surprised I've gotten so many people to actually participate with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment