Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I won NaNoWriMo

Yay! Yay! Yay! I just finished my NaNoWriMo novel and I do not want to write anymore today. (I had to write over 10,000 words today alone... which leads me to believe I could indeed write 50,000 words over the course of 5 days if I had a decent outline to go off of... May have to try that sometime, but not anytime soon.)

But yeah, super duper excited. I ended up with a word count of 50,101. Though most of that is really, really terrible. It's mostly my characters, whining and running away from things. (They're actually pretty annoying when it comes down to it.) But it's pretty ok. I made it to the end and that's what matters. It's a pretty anti-climactic ending though. I was a little disappointed so that's going to have to change but until then it works. It made me win, no one said it had to be good, they just said it sort of had to go together. There are a couple holes in the middle that I didn't bother filling but I'm done and now I can finally hang out with my boyfriend again. Yay!

So, when winter break shows up the editing starts, it's just a debate on whether to edit this one to halfway coherent standards or to work more on my first NaNo. Either way. I don't want to write another word for a while... though I will. I am kind of a creative writing major.

Now, off to celebrate...

No comments:

Post a Comment