Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Obligatory Christmas Post That Is Posted Far Later Than it Should Have Been

So, Christmas happened. We had plenty of snow... unlike last year. I spent Christmas Eve with Josh's Dad's family. Then Christmas Day with his Mom's family. It was a pretty good time. It was Christmas, there was awkward tension, his cousin sledding off the porch into a tree, snow, presents, more food than I could eat, a puppy, some cats, air mattresses, cable TV and probably some other stuff that is equally important but I can't think of right now.

I don't have pictures of any of that.. I wish I did. Oh well.

I bought a Christmas tree for our apartment. A fake one of course. It took Jess and I forever to put together and it made me question which was more work, a real tree or a fake one. I bought one package of blue round ornaments. I figured we could make some and call it good.

Christmas tree 2012

Our angel at the top of the tree.

Jess' Tardis Ornament

Jack Daniels bottle ornament.
Jess and Chris made some ornaments. Like the Tardis ornament, there were some Pokemon (a Bulbasaur and a Pikachu), some weird dolls, and whatever else we could find laying around the apartment, which means there were a few tiny booze bottles hanging as well. It was cute.

It was a while before we had Christmas lights because the only ones you can buy anymore are the LED ones and I didn't want to pay $12 for a string of lights. Jess found some in a box in her room so she saved the day.

Josh and I decided to exchange gifts on Christmas Eve before we went to the family Christmases. We already knew what we were getting so it was just an excuse for me to rip the wrapping paper off of something. Also to play a trick on Josh.

He bought me a hand mixer.
My fancy new hand mixer to replace my Goodwill one. 
I gave him the Bestiary 3 (a book for Pathfinder which is like Dungeons and Dragons).
Bestiary 3... or is it. 
 This picture is misleading. The book is a small homemade version of the Bestiary 3. He knew I was getting it for him so I had to do something funny. I had my friends draw pages for me (because I'm not as good at art as I wish I was) and then put it all together.

Here's a few of my favorite pages.
The Batman
Like the hero, only half bat and no daddy issues.

Convenient Plot Device
Incorporeal, invisible, invulnerable, and capable of killing
anyone anywhere for any reason.
"It's only weakness is logic!" - Victim

The Dandilion
Eats people with swag for breakfast and poops class.

Rainbow Lions
Double rainbow all across the sky.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I really enjoy reading your blog posts and I got here by the Bloggers.com website while just surfing around. Keep up the great writing and sharing on your blog. I look forward to the next round of surfing and learning something new from you! Cheers and Happy New Year 2013 to you!
    Sincerely,
    Cherelynn
    http://makeupuniversity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete