Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Cleaning the Garden

I didn't work yesterday and it was finally not raining so I figured I better get outside and get some work done on the front garden. There's this ground cover that's basically taken over everything. It's nice in some spots but not in my garden.

This picture is from when we moved in so just imagine that everything has grown like 2 feet.
Front yard.
June 2, 2014

I forgot to take an actual before picture before I started working. But I've also been working on it bit by bit just trying to make some progress.

I made a ton of progress yesterday. There's actually rocks and a plastic barrier surrounding the garden. So I got those pulled up and got all of the weeds pulled out of them. A lot of the ground cover escaped the edges of the garden and was starting to take over the grass. Our landlord mows the lawn for us so we don't have to worry about that. I just want to keep things looking clean.

Front yard.
June 28, 2014
Looking at the pictures it's hard to believe it's the same yard. I can't wait until I can get the rest of it cleaned out. I also can't wait for my peonies to bloom.

There's also a couple dead plants in there that I'm going to try to replace by the end of the summer. But who knows. I also plan to put down some new weed barrier fabric and get some new mulch too. That should keep at least some of the ground cover from popping back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment