Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

California Vacation (Emily's Wedding)

Josh and I just got back from a week long vacation in California for his step-sister Emily's wedding. I got to spend some quality time with his family and really get to know everybody. They welcomed me with open arms and were super nice.

I helped them set up the morning before the wedding and did a lot of table settings and napkin folding and generally helping make everything look nice. I worked with some of Emily's friends and got to know her fiance Brady's family. I helped Brady's aunts with the table settings. It was very low stress and it was kind of awesome how everyone was working together to get everything done in a reasonable amount of time. There weren't a lot of decorations so that helped. It was really just setting up the tables and the chairs outside for the ceremony. Other than a couple painted wooden signs there weren't decorations.

Table settings in a barn for a wedding in California
Table settings in the barn. The chairs were outside for the ceremony and would be moved inside. 
Mason jar favors with table assignments
Mason jar favors that also had the table assignments tagged on them for 200 or so people. 
Her favors were mason jar cups. They were super cute. They gave you your table assignment and they were easy to hold on to for the many trips to the bar in the back corner. There was a selection of beer and wine. The bartender wouldn't give you very much wine at a time. I was a little sad about that, but that just meant more trips up and down.

mason jar wedding favor with chalkboard paint name
Turns out the wine glass was for the champagne toasts. 
I don't have any pictures of the ceremony because I just didn't feel like it. I was busy enjoying myself and since I don't really know Emily or Brady I figured I'd leave the picture taking to people who did know them. I was just there to have fun.

It was a really good wedding. The ceremony was really sweet, it was also only half an hour long which was perfect. Dinner was hamburgers, which was a little odd but they were good. Then dancing until 10:30 when they had to shut things down because the neighbors didn't want noise after 11:00. It turned out to be a good thing though because then all of the college friends were still tipsy and awake and took almost everything down before going home themselves. So when we got there in the morning there wasn't a whole lot we had to do.
A nice picture of Josh and I before going to the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment