Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Friday, July 31, 2015

Venus Fly Trap

Walmart got a box of Venus Fly Traps in their garden center the other day. I knew I had to buy one. This time I'm going to try really hard not to kill it. I accidentally over watered my last one.
Venus Fly Trap
My co-worker also wanted one and he was asking me all of these questions about it because I know more about plants than he does. So I looked it up online and it seems relatively easy to take care of. You just have to keep the dirt moist, but not wet, and only feed it living flies if it is unable to catch any itself. It also requires full sun and the dark pink is an indicator that it is getting enough sun. They like sandy soil that offers good drainage.

So we'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment