Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I'm Trying the 7 Minute Workout

I downloaded the 7 Minute Workout app months ago. I never even opened it. I'm pretty sure it cost me like $3. I figured if I paid for it I would be more likely to use it. Apparently that was not the case.

I tried doing Yoga a couple times during January and while it was fulfilling and lovely the videos were almost an hour long. I'm not willing to get up extra early in the morning just to watch a yoga video. Not when the options of location are in my living room where my roommates can see me, or in my bedroom with my husband still trying to sleep.

I do stretches at work when I'm bored and I was content with that for now. I visited a bunch of friends and family this last weekend and it reminded me that I really do want to get in better shape. So I decided I had to get back on the fitness wagon. I thought about starting up the yoga again but then decided to try out that crazy 7 Minute Workout app that I had downloaded.

This is what happened.

I looked through the exercises. They all seemed fairly straightforward. I didn't really look at the science behind the exercises or really anything about how this worked I just hit start and decided to see what would happen.

Jumping Jacks: I love jumping jacks. This is an easy enough place to start. Oh... I should have worn a bra for this. But okay, I'm breathing fine. I'm okay.

Wall Sit: Okay, I'm a little out of breath but wall sits aren't that hard. I've been trying them a little at work. I made it through about 20 seconds.

Push Ups: I tried doing regular and managed to do one, so I settled for doing girl pushups. Now I'm really breathing hard.

Abdominal Crunches: I was the master of these in middle school. I had abs like steel. Now I can barely get my shoulder blades off the floor.

Step Up Onto a Chair: I have short ceilings in my bedroom, luckily I had just enough space to manage this. Also an easy exercise.

Squats: I actually like this one. I think I might do this at work more often.

Tricep Dips on a Chair: I have no idea how to do this exercise. I feel like I'm moving the wrong parts of my body. I think I'm supposed to be using my arms but I feel like I'm just hip thrusting into the air.

Plank: I'm good at planking. Just keep breathing and you're fine.

High Knees Running in Place: I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die.

Lunge: Ahhh, my body hurts so bad. Why am I doing this to myself? Every time I lunge I worry I won't be able to straighten back up again. My whole body is pain.

Push Up With Rotation: This is really hard when you're doing girl push ups. Again, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Side Plank: I don't know how to do this either, but it would probably be easier if I were wearing shoes and not on carpet.

I did not realize a 7 Minute Workout would drain me like this one did. I feel good, I feel accomplished, I feel like I deserve the shower I'm going to take.

So we'll see how long I can keep this one going.

Also there are a ton of free places you can do this workout online and a bunch of other apps that aren't as pretty as this one but are much cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment