Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas Afternoon Radio Call - Poem

Christmas Afternoon Radio Call
It's Christmas day and my family finds themselves crowded around the computer
It just isn't Christmas without everyone
We crowd around the tiny microphone
and listen to the muffled sound on our old speakers
As we speak to my brother stationed in Iraq
Through an internet telephone call
My little brother finds a stereo speaker and hooks it up
His voice comes through loud and clear
"I've always wanted to be on radio."
We hear him grab his guitar and he beings to play
The music is amazing
He's always been a wonderful musician
We sit back and listen to him play
It's so nice to be able to talk to him
It's been so long since we've heard his voice
He's grown up a lot since we were kids, since I last saw him
War does that to you I suppose
I never thought my brother would join the army
But he likes it
It's a family he never had
You may not support this war
But please support our troops
They are people's brothers, sisters
Fathers, mothers, sons, daughters
They are people like you and me
And they can all use our support

© Chloe VanDuinen 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment