Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Anime and Men

I went on a pseudo date with the brother of a friend of mine on Friday. Apparently he kind of likes me and she thought we would make a cute couple. I expressed that I had no interest in dating anytime soon and apparently he is willing to wait for me. So hey, that's cool. He's a really nice guy and pretty sweet. He's 24 which is probably a little older than I really want to date but whatever, he's nice enough, I can deal.

There were a couple of his sister’s friends at his place watching “New Moon.” When that got over we watched “The Men Who Stare at Goats.” We’re both kind of nerds so we laughed at all the star wars references.  Then we decided to watch “The Prestige” because we had nothing better to do. The girls left at this point so it was just me and him. It was awkward but in a cute sort of away. I'm definitely looking forward to spending more time with him... I feel like such a girl.

I spent the rest of the weekend at the anime overload  (24 hours of anime that runs from noon on Saturday to noon on Sunday). We watched “Escaflowne” and “Black Cat” as well as the “Case Closed” movie.

The anime club at my school had one of their events last night. It's called an overload and it's exactly what the name states... an overload of anime. Basically 24 hours trapped in a lecture hall with some of my fellow nerds. What a way to spend a weekend. It started at noon on Saturday and went until noon on Sunday.

I ended up sleeping on the floor because I didn’t really like either series, but I’m the secretary so I’m supposed to show up at these events and take a turn running the remote.

On another note, I've still been trying to work through my breakup with Andy and it's really messing with my head. I'm trying to rationalize something that doesn't make sense. I just have to move on with my life. I'll always remember him. He was great for me at that point in my life but we both need to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment