Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Friday, May 28, 2010

So Maybe - Poem

So maybe I'm supposed to write my life
All the ups and downs and insanity
So maybe I'm supposed to write a book
About everything I've ever wished for
So maybe I'm supposed to write a song
For the world to listen to for years to come
So maybe I'm supposed to write a poem
Letting the words flow together as they like to do
So maybe I'm supposed to write a letter
Describing to you exactly how I feel
So maybe I'm supposed to write...
To put words on a page
But they're so much more than words
They're feelings, ideas, hopes, and dreams
They describe us, tell the world who we are...
And who we want to become
So maybe I'm just a girl pouring her heart out in a blog no one reads
So maybe I'm just a girl wishing her sister would speak to her
So maybe I'm just a girl who fights to be friends with everyone
So maybe I'm just a girl trying to piece her life back together
So maybe I'm just a girl who has faced more than her fair share of heartbreak
So maybe I'm just a girl who has been let down more times than she can count
So maybe I'm just a girl looking for the one she can spend forever with
So maybe he's the one
So maybe I want to write him into my life
So maybe I want to hold his hand as we ride this roller coaster together
So maybe I'm sick of maybes
And I'm looking for a yes
Yes I want him in my life
Yes I want to hold his hand
Yes I want to keep him forever
Yes, Yes, Yes
I don't think I've felt so strongly about anything
And from someone who lives in a world full of maybes a yes is a scary thing
But I'm not scared anymore
I'm happier than I've ever felt
A lasting happiness
Now that's an amazing thing
So maybe I kinda like you
So maybe I kinda like you a lot
So maybe I kinda more than like you
So maybe a little part of me is still kinda scared
But I'm okay with that because you make me happy
You're not even here and I feel happy
No one has ever done that before
So maybe this is more right than you or I realize
I hope so
I certainly hope so

© Chloe VanDuinen 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment