Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Monday, July 18, 2011

I Want to Kiss You Under Streetlamps - Poem

I want to watch rainbows with you
childish though it may seem
I want to dam up tiny streams with rocks
and create new paths
I want to write love songs in the sand
for everyone to share
I want to kiss in the rain
as the drops run down our cheeks
I want to build huge bonfires
and make the night bright as day
I want to press my hand to your heart
and take your pain away

I want to watch rainbows with you, to catch minnows and sail paper boats. I want to write love songs in the sand and sing them badly. I want to build bonfires and wish on stars and eat marshmallows out of the bag. I want to dance in the rain and kiss you under streetlamps in the falling snow...

© Chloe VanDuinen 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment