Pages

Featured Post

This Blog Has Moved

I upgraded to a wordpress blog. Please visit me at www.thepurplebug.com .

Saturday, January 2, 2016

I'm Not Making any New Year's Resolutions

I'm not making any resolutions this year. I have some small goals and general life changes that I am going to implement but no hard resolutions. I'm just going to put small things on my to-do list and vow to get them done. I have no year-long plans. Just some small stuff.

I'm Not Making any New Year Resolutions This Year
I'm Not Making any New Year Resolutions This Year
But I guess if I have to give some of my wide reaching goals I'll summarize them like this;
  • Write More
  • Be Healthier
  • Do More Stuff
Write More: I'm always planning to "write more." It's my resolution at the start of every year. The last couple years I've attached numbers. Write 2 blog posts a week. Write 10 articles this month. This year I'm just going for straight up more. Because I'm currently at almost zero. I'm working really hard to complete my Morning Pages every morning in my Bullet Journal. So far it's going well, but it's only day 2. I'll check in later this month to let everyone know how I'm doing. 

Be Healthier: I'm not doing weight loss, exercise, or diet goals this year. I'm just not. Last year I got a gym membership, I tracked my calories, I changed my birth control and it got me nowhere. I did manage to drop a couple pant sizes by the end of the year but I didn't lose any weight. That was disappointing. 
So this year I'm not even going there. I'm going to focus on making myself feel good, not feel pressured or bad about myself. I'm following a youtube yoga class for the month because I'd like to be more flexible. As for food I'm just trying to find stuff that Josh and I both like that's easy to make. The health factor comes from the fact that I'm actually making it. I'll settle for that at this point in my life. I already use a lot of vegetables when I'm cooking. I'm also trying to keep salad supplies on hand so I have an easy lunch to throw together so I don't have to buy a lunch at work.
Ranch Dressing and Red Cabbage Ready for the Week
Do More Stuff: This one is truly hard to quantify. I work at Walmart. I don't want to speak to anyone when I am done with work. Sometimes talking to Josh or my roommates can be difficult. But I want to make an effort to get out more and to just do more stuff. I want to start trying out local restaurants and learn some stuff. We've been in Duluth for a year and a half and we still only know a couple good restaurants. I started playing the geo game Ingress and that's been getting me out a little bit. I've already discovered some stuff I never would have found without it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment